Thursday, August 16, 2007

On our way home... at last!!!

We're finally going to bed for the last time here in India, and we are so excited to be coming home. It's so hard for everything to feel real while living in a hotel, ordering room service for every meal (we had a little screaming/puking incident early on while eating out that made us a little restaurant-shy even though it was just a one time thing). We did brave McDonald's a few times, but each time we'd have to give Raina a serious talk about how bad it was for us and that back in the U.S. we really don't eat there every other day. The amazing thing is the innate love for french fries that I am now convinced children must be born with. Before we could get Raina to eat much else, she had no problems downing a handful of fries - and then dancing for joy in the window.



When we're out and about Raina is basically attached to me at the hip. It's actually more at my stomach, because she's in the Snugli, which is great, and I'll most likely be wearing when I go back to work because it's become part of my body. I'm thinking it will be a really handy way to carry books around the library, so I'm kind of excited about it.

So, anyway, we are ready to come home and get back to real life - at least as real as it can seem with a super energetic little toddler that is close to taking off on her own at a sprint. Tami and I are more into the slow, long distance running, but at this point I think we better start focusing on speed. Of course, after many, many laps from the Door (touch with both hands) down the hall past the bed (with an optional pat pat pat on the bed) around the corner of the bed and then beat on the chair (left, right, left, right, left) then back to the Door (until we discovered there's a little girl that looks just like Raina living in the mirror in the hall, then there was the mandatory kiss for her), we're glad we came in pretty good shape.


We fly out in the morning, so this will be our last post from India. We'll let everyone know we're home safe and sound sometime this weekend. It's been really fun to hear from all of you in the comments, and we'll talk to some of you soon!!

13 comments:

drinklife said...

Yeah another post to feed my addiction! Thank you for allowing all of us to experience this with you guys. What an honor! You guys rock and are wonderful parents. Annabelle and Raina are going to have lots of fun together.

Cliff, now do you understand why I hate Indian food? JK

Anyway, I bet Tami you are happy to have shown Cliff your world, eh.

Travel safely and call when you can. I leave Sat for China but my phone should be ready by Sunday night. Well see.

stephmistry said...

Hello guys!!

Finally the Davidson/Mistry clan has conquered the challenge of finding our google account / password to leave a message for ya'll:) We are in Montana with Softa and Grandpa Gary. We had internet access at Jeff and Carmen's last weekend and were able to share the video of Raina walking with them. Everyone loved it! Joshua can't stop talking about his cousin Raina who lives in Denver.

So, you had your first puking incident, huh? Such a parental initiation isn't it....We are so proud of you guys and are anxious to meet the little one. In fact, I don't know if this will work with your schedule and I know you'll still be recovering from the trip, but Joshua and I fly through Denver on Monday the 20th. Is there any chance we might be able to meet Raina??? We'll play it by ear based on how you all feel...and how our flights go.

Well, mom, dad, grandma and joshua send their love. Dad tried to post a few days ago and couldn't remember his password or something. I never use my gmail account so I finally remembered what mine was today....

LOVE to all THREE of you!!!!!!
steph

Pam said...

Hey Tami & Cliff,
I wish that Micah had only thrown up on me once while we were in India. I needed to carry a full wardrobe whenever we went anywhere. Poor baby was SO nervous! Glad you only had that happen once. :o)
Praying your journey home is uneventful! You guys look great together, and as previously stated Raina is beautiful!
Hugs from the DeArmon's!

Leslie said...

love Love LOVE that you ate at McD's. When traveling overseas it is referred to as the "American Embassy".

I just love her smile and how she crinkles her nose. so cute. tell me more!
Leslie

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AlliBeMe said...

Your daughter is beautiful. Congratulations!!!! I hope I get to see the three of you at your mom's when you have the time to come to Tulsa. God bless you all. Be safe.

Alli Fite

gene+katherine said...

I've missed getting my "Raina fix" each day as well. To add to Leslie's comment, one day you'll have to teach Raina how to play Nertz in the "American Embassies". She is oh so adorable. Happy traveling.

Steph said...

Tami and Cliff,

I'm glad that your trip is going well and am praying for a safe and uneventful trip home. Carson says to tell you that water bottles can give hours of entertainment to a toddler on a long flight home..though it does mean more frequent diaper changes as well. :) Hopefully she SLEEPS!

Congratulations to you and thanks for letting us share in your journey.


Ben, Steph, Cheyenne and Carson M.

Unknown said...

Goodness gracious, I think I'm getting giddy! We can't wait to see her in person...oh, and see you guys again of COURSE.

And I agree about the fries. For some of us, the kung fu is stronger...

Brent said...

Gotta love those McDonalds fries! Woohoo! And the chasing around the room.....aaaahhhh!! Does that ever bring back memories of chasing Saorsa around our house in Bella Vista. Remember Tam?? What fun! There's nothing like being a mommy & daddy! (Even when they puke. Ha!) Love you all! Lor

Berningers said...

Completely precious, that's all I can say - completely and totally precious.

P.S. My kids would eat fries every day if I let them.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love the new photos! Raina looks sooo happy (not to mention mom and dad!)!
Can't wait to meet her.. sorry she wasn't awake when we stopped by. Call me anytime you need a latte - I'm assuming that might be tomorrow? ;))

Raina Ronalika

Raina Ronalika